Kindergarten - 5th Grade
Your kids are important to God and to us.
Our team works hard at creating fun, exciting environments where kids in kindergarten through 5th grade can experience God in new ways! Let us help you make church a place your kids can’t wait to get to each week!
At Encounter, our leaders reach the next generation through Equipping with knowledge of Jesus, Engaging with the love of Jesus, and Empowering to live like Jesus. We have our kids in three age-appropriate environments.
Each of these environments is intentionally designed to accomplish our mission and provide a safe place for kids to learn how to become entirely devoted followers of Christ.
- We are family-focused: Our goal is to interact with children and parents, planning activities that are age-appropriate, engaging, and spiritually-developing for both kids and connecting with parents.
- Our lessons will be relevant to kids’ lives now: We want children to discover the relevancy of the Bible and how God’s Word speaks to their world and life today.
- We teach the Bible creatively: We present timeless, eternal truth in ways that engage children: video clips, creative storytelling, and drama sketches.
- We shepherd children in small groups: because we believe that life change happens best within the context of a small, biblically-functioning community that meets regularly and is familiar with their leaders.
Our strategy in the Green Room is to have a fun and safe environment where children learn the basics of the faith we share. We do this through songs, interactive videos, Bible stories, activities, and games. These basics include
We look forward to helping your preschooler learn:
- Who God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are.
- A relationship with Jesus is open to everyone.
- Prayer is our primary communication with God.
The Red Room is designed for elementary aged children where they will enjoy large group teachings and games, followed by age appropriate small groups. Our strategy in the Red Room is to start implementing the teachings of the Bible through a large group environment that breaks into age-appropriate small groups.
A main emphasis each month is to teach your child Godly virtues through memorizing verses of the Bible and worshiping with our “Outloud” kids team.
Our goal is to help your child know:
- I can trust God.
- I can trust God’s Word.
- God gives me hope.
Get Kid’s Ministry Updates
Request an invitation to our private Facebook group.
We value the trust parents place upon us and the children we serve; therefore safety is one of our highest priorities. Every leader who works with or near children is required to have a background check and is approved by leadership before serving in this space.
Each week children who attend one of our ministry environments are signed in electronically through one of our sign-in stations by a parent or guardian. The child and parent receive corresponding numbers that remains with them through the service. Every child’s name tag shows who signed them in and any documented health and allergy concern. The parent or guardian must bring their number with them following the conclusion of service to check their child out.